- O.J. testifies in long-shot bid to win freedom
- Topless Paparazzo Sues NYPD — You Can’t Arrest Me for Bare Boobs!
- MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED – BONDS: MELCO CROWN (PHILIPPINES) RESORTS CORPORATION FILES ITS QUARTERLY REPORT PURSUANT TO THE SECURITIES REGULATION CODE AND SRC RULE THEREUNDER
- Four Gleacher Directors Confirm They Will Resign
- EVS Broadcast Equipment: EVS Broadcast Equipment : EVS reports First quarter 2013 results
Tag Archives: mistreating
Apple (AAPL) has come under a lot of criticism for the labor practices of its suppliers, but the company has always at least maintained that it will not tolerate any child laborers building its devices. The company made good on that vow again this week, as AppleInsider reports that the company has terminated a contract with a supplier that it found “responsible for 74 underage labor violations.” While Apple gets the most attention for its suppliers’ dodgy labor practices, rival Samsung (005930) has also admitted that some of its own suppliers have been guilty of mistreating workers, although it officially denies that any of them employ children. Continue reading
The Idaho Legislature has approved a felony animal cruelty law, putting the state in position to get off a very short list of others that don’t impose tough penalties for mistreating pets and livestock. Continue reading